1.0 OUR CORE BELIEFS REGARDING USER PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION
- User privacy and data protection are human rights
- We have a duty of care to the people within our data
- Data is a liability, it should only be collected and processed when absolutely necessary
- We loathe spam as much as you do!
- We will never sell, rent or otherwise distribute or make public your personal information
2.0 RELEVANT LEGISLATION
Along with our business and internal computer systems, this website is designed to comply with the following national and international legislation with regards to data protection and user privacy:
This site’s compliance with the above legislation, all of which are stringent in nature, means that this site is likely compliant with the data protection and user privacy legislation set out by many other countries and territories as well. If you are unsure about whether this site is compliant with your own country of residences’ specific data protection and user privacy legislation you should contact our data protection officer (details of whom can be found in section 9.0) for clarification.
3.0 PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT THIS WEBSITE COLLECTS AND WHY WE COLLECT IT
This website collects and uses personal information for the following reasons:
3.1 Site visitation tracking
Disabling cookies on your internet browser will stop GA from tracking any part of your visit to pages within this website.
3.2 Contact forms and email links
Should you choose to contact us using the contact form on our Contact us page or an email link like this one, none of the data that you supply will be stored by this website or passed to / be processed by any of the third party data processors defined in section 6.0.
Instead the data will be collated into an email and sent to us over the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP). Our SMTP servers are protected by TLS (sometimes known as SSL) meaning that the email content is encrypted using SHA-2, 256-bit cryptography before being sent across the internet. The email content is then decrypted by our local computers and devices.
4.0 HOW WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
There is currently no occasion where personal data will be stored on this website.
5.0 ABOUT THIS WEBSITE’S SERVER
This website is hosted within a UK data centre located just outside London.
Some of the data centre’s more notable security features are as follows:
- 3m rota-spike security fence and perimeter anti ram barriers
- Blast proof anti-intruder shielded external windows and doors
- Proximity access locks on all external and internal doors
- Interlocked man-trap doors with biometric iris scanners to gain access into data floors
- Server cabinets have locked doors (no open racks)
- Perimeter and internal IP CCTV system monitored 24×7
- 24×7 on-site security guards with static and mobile patrols
- All on-site personnel are security vetted to BS7858 standard
- Only authorised security cleared staff are allowed into the facility
All traffic (transferral of files) between this website and your browser is encrypted and delivered over HTTPS.
6.0 OUR THIRD PARTY DATA PROCESSORS
We use a number of third parties to process personal data on our behalf. These third parties have been carefully chosen and all of them comply with the legislation set out in section 2.0. Both of these third parties are based in the USA and are EU-U.S Privacy Shield compliant.
7.0 DATA BREACHES
We will report any unlawful data breach of this website’s database or the database(s) of any of our third party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.
8.0 DATA CONTROLLER
The data controller of this website is: Xtensive Web Design, a UK Private limited Company with company number: SC400001 Whose registered office is:
4th Floor Edinburgh Quay 2
Edinburgh EH3 9FF
9.0 DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
Telephone: 0131 661 7525
10.1 Change log