Freedom Of Information
FOI and Publication Scheme
Welcome to the Publication Scheme for Craigmillar Dental Centre. The Publication Scheme is required by the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
This Publication Scheme is a complete guide to the information routinely made available to the public by Craigmillar Dental Centre. It is a description of the information about our dental practice which me make publicly available. Some information is not made publicly available. It will be reviewed at regular intervals and we will monitor its effectiveness.
How much does it cost?
The publications are all free.
How is the information made available?
The information is either displayed on the practice website or available in hard copy from Craigmillar Dental Centre 198, Peffermill Road Edinburgh EH16 4AJ.
Your rights to information
- In addition to accessing the information identified in the Publication Scheme, you are entitled to request information about Craigmillar Dental Centre.
- The Freedom of Information Act 2000 recognises that members of the public have the right to know how public services are organised and run, how much they cost and how the decisions are made.
- From November 2014 Craigmillar Dental Centre respond to requests about information that it holds, and is recorded in any format and it will create a right of access to that information. These rights are subject to some exemptions which have to be taken into consideration before deciding what information it can release.
- Revised environmental information regulations may be introduced in the future. These will enable similar access to environmental information as under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
- Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you are also entitled to access your dental records or any other personal information held about you, and you can contact Craigmillar Dental Centre, 198 Peffermill Road, Edinburgh. EH16 4AJ.
If you have any comments of the Publication Scheme, or how we have dealt with your request for information from the Scheme, please write to: Sanjeev Tandon, Craigmillar Dental Centre, 198 Peffermill Road, Edinburgh. EH16 4AJ.
Classes of information
All information at Craigmillar Dental Centre is held, retained and destroyed in accordance with guidance. Our commitment to publish information excludes any information which can be legitimately withheld under the exemptions set out in the Freedom of Information Act 2000. Where individual Classes are subject to exemptions, the main reasons are e.g. the protection of commercial interests and personal information under the Data Protection Act 1998. This applies to all Classes within the Publication Scheme. The information on this Scheme is grouped into the following broad categories:
Class 1. Who we are
Details of all the dentists. Hygienist. practice manager, dental nurses and reception staff.
Class 2. Our Services
The range of services we provide on the National Health Service and Private
Class 3. This Publication Scheme
In this class we will publish any changes we make to this Publication Scheme, the criteria on which our information management policies are made and a referral point for all enquires regarding information management generally at Craigmillar Dental Centre. We will also publish any proposed changes or additions to publications already available.
Class 4. Regular publications and information for the public
Guidance and information leaflets
Class 5. Complaints
Policies, procedures and contacts for complaints
Class 6. Our policies and procedures
General Policies and Procedures in use within the Dental Practice. These include, but are not restricted to, data protection, prescribing and prescription, health and safety.
Class 1. Who we are:
Mr Sanjeev Tandon BDS Edinburgh Qualified 1991. (66670)
Mr Derek Rae BDS Edinburgh Qualified 1980. (54146)
Mr John Anderson BDS Edinburgh Qualified 1993. (68895)
Mrs Cathy Borland BDS Dublin Qualified 2008. (156026)
Mr Jamie Brown BDS Dundee Qualified 2014. (250849)
Mr Colin Halliday BDS Dundee Qualified 2014. (250839)
Miss Aimee Hutchison BSC Dundee Qualified 2012. (227246)
Mrs Margaret McGregor Practice Manger (140613)
Class 2: Our services
Information about our services is contained in the practice's patient information leaflet which is available at Reception.The information includes:
- Opening times
- Arrangements for emergency care
- Details of access to the premises for people with disabilities
- The Languages we speak and the availability of interpreters.
- Whether we have a dental hygienist
- Information about the care and treatment provided by the practice
We offer NHS treatment for adults and children and also provide Private treatment.
Class 3: Financial information
We have information about:
- The cost of NHS treatment
- Entitlement to exemption and remission from NI IS dental charges
- Our private charges
Our income from the NHS derives primarily from monthly fees for the number of patients we have on our list and fees for individual items of treatment. There are also some allowances for such things as continuing professional development and the overall amount of NHS care we provide. These fees and allowances are set by Government and we claim separate fees for each treatment we provide by sending a iorm to the Scottish Dental Practice Board. In addition, for each individual patient we receive a small continuing care (adult) or capitation (children) fee.
Out of this income the practice pays the full cost of providing care. Including the provision of the building, equipment, materials and staff.
Class 4: Information for patients and the public.
We make available information leaflets about:
- Types of dental treatment
- Home Visits
- Child Smile
- NHS information leaflets.
Copies of leaflets are available from Reception.
Class 5: Complaints
We have a practice complaints procedure, a copy of which is displayed on our notice board.
Class 6: Practice policies
We have policies and procedures which ensure that the practice operates in a safe and efficient manner. These include:
- Data protection
- Health and Safety
- Radiation protection
- Infection control
- Payments policy
- Equal opportunities
BDA Model Publication Scheme Scotland 2010
Scottish Information Commissioner. Kinburn Castle, Doubledykes Road, St Andrews, Fife. KY16 9DS