Craigmillar Dental Centre is committed to providing treatment on the NHS. A dental examination in Scotland is free of charge for everyone.
Following a dental examination, your dentist will advise you on any treatment you require and the likely cost. We will also provide an itemised account, if requested. All prices on the NHS are fixed by the Scottish Government.
NHS patients who pay for their treatment, pay 80% of the treatment cost (including any x-rays), up to a maximum of £384. Craigmillar Dental Centre kindly request payments to be made during the course of treatment.
The practice will exercise the right to charge a patient if they fail to attend for an appointment without giving sufficient notice.
Who is entitled to free treatment on the NHS?
NHS dental treatment is free for:
- Everyone aged under 18
- Those aged under 19 and in full time education
- Pregnant and nursing mothers, until baby is 12 months old
- Those with certificated exemption from payment because of their income
- Those on income related employment support allowance, income support
- Those on a valid NHS tax credit exemption certificate, pension credit or those that have a current NHS charges certificate HC2 for full help with NHS charges
Are all treatments available on the NHS?
Not all treatments are available on the NHS, cosmetic treatments are not available for example, white filling on back teeth or tooth coloured crowns on back teeth. We will be happy to advise you of what treatment is and isn't available on the NHS.