Here at Craigmillar Dental Centre, we understand how difficult the current situation has been for everyone but we would like to reassure you that we still care for you and your dental needs. We have been working tirelessly to ensure that we will welcome you back safely and as quickly as possible.
All decisions taken have been to focus on the safety of our patients and our staff. We also understand that your experience in the practice will be different to previous visits so to reassure you prior to your visit we have outlined below on how your new visit will look and feel.
If you have any of the symptoms of Covid-19/Coronavirus, a high temperature, a new continuous cough, a loss or change to your sense smell or taste, please let us know as soon as you can; do not attend your appointment and follow the government guidelines around self-isolation and get a test.
Before Your Appointment
- We will send you key information ahead of your appointment
- You will be asked to complete and return a new medical history form or complete it by telephone
On the Day of your Appointment
- Before you leave for the practice please ensure you have visited the lavatory as toilet facilities will not be available at the practice, have hydrated and have brushed your teeth
- Please avoid bringing lots of things, especially limit bringing valuables
- Please bring and wear a mask
- Please telephone the practice when you arrive. Remain in your car or outside the practice, following social distancing
- Please arrive alone, unless patient is a child or vulnerable. Advise reception if attending with someone
The practice door will be locked until your appointment is ready to begin.
Entering the practice
- We will telephone you when it is time for you to enter the practice
- On entering you will be asked to keep your mask on and sanitise your hands
- Our reception team will be sat behind a plastic screen for every ones added protection
- There will be no patients in the reception or waiting area and you will be escorted to the surgery
- On entering the treatment room you will be asked to sanitise your hands again
- To provide you with the right care and service we cannot adhere to social distancing recommendations but our team will be wearing extra PPE gear
- Treatment options are severely restricted and we may still have to refer you to an Urgent Care Centre if we can not provide you with the necessary care at the practice
- All treatment rooms, hallways, door handles anything that has been in contact will be cleaned and disinfected
- On leaving the treatment room, put your mask back on. Sanitise your hands one last time before you leave
- To minimise your time at the practice please phone regards any queries you may have
Monday – Thursday: 9.00am – 5.00pm
Friday: 9.00am – 4.00pm
Only one surgery will be operating with minimal staff to comply with social distancing.